Offers the Following Benefits to the Home Owner
- BioFicient+ is suitable for shallow dig requirements, with minimal visual impact.
- Easy to install, requiring only a small digger due to its light-weight and unique design features, (low profile and extension neck), saving on-site time and expenses.
- Designed and manufactured by Kingspan Klargester, BioFicient+ is fully compliant, tested and approved to IS EN12566-3 / SR66: 2015.
Its designed to the highest standards, with the following features:
- Suitable for shallow dig installations
- Robust and lightweight
- Easy and affordable installation
- High performance, efficient treatment technology
- Low power consumption
- Minimum visual impact
- An extension neck is available to allow for deeper installation on difficult sites
- The modern design means that access for desludging is easier through the wide neck
Tanks can be supplied with or without distribution boxes, low pressure pipe networks, sand filter kits
How the Sewage Treatment Plant Works
BioFicient+ unit is a new generation of package sewage treatment plant developed to
treat domestic sewage waste in a simple and compact system comprising three treatment zones within a uni-tank design. The moving aerated media process used is a compact development of the traditional biological process and provides a more effective and complete means of sewage treatment.
- Raw sewage gravitates to the unit where it is received in the primary settlement zone. Here, gross solids and other social debris settle to the bottom of the tank where they remain until the tank requires desludging. Settled sewage is displaced from primary zone and enters the first of : two sequential moving aerated media reactors.
- Media and liquid circulation in each zone is achieved through the use of a compressor and diffuser, which introduces fresh air into each compartment. The liquor is constantly re-circulated and contacts the moving media and as it does so, it is purified by the microorganisms (biomass) growing on the surface of the media and within the moving liquor. Excess growth of biomass is shed as solid particles into the liquor.
- The final settlement tank is where humus solids settle to form sludge. At preset intervals, portions of the sludge and liquor are returned to the primary tank for additional treatment.
- Final effluent is displaced from the final settlement tank either pumped or gravity to the percolation area.
The BioFicient+ Sewage Treatment System is available in two sizes 6PE and 10 PE, with the following specifications:
|Model||Population Equivalent||Capacity (litres)||Diameter (mm)||Length (mm)||Standard Inlet Invert (mm)||Standard Outlet Invert (mm)||Standard Overall Height (mm)|
|BioFicient+ 6 PE||6||3580||1690||2480||500-1500||600-1600||1920-2990|
|BioFicient+ 10 PE||10||5585||2010||3189||500-1500||600-1600||2245-3245|